Total Pageviews

Monday 4 October 2010

A New Venture!

Always one for trying to think of new idea's to raise awareness and monies for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust ... this idea came about after using Twitter to drum up support and awareness for the Charity by asking Celeb's and followers to re-tweet to raise awareness for the Charity and watching how others used the site to drum up support for their Charities.  The TwitChange venture where Celebrities offered to follow/re-tweet/mention a winning bidder for their profile on ebay was extremely inspiring to me.  I wanted to see if I could drum up some Celebrity support myself for a new Campaign and as I wanted to do something for Christmas and couldn't think what I suddenly thought it might be a good idea to ask Celebrities if they would donate something signed to use as Auction lot's on ebay to raise monies for the Charity.  Asking specifically for something signed made it compact enough for them to decide themselves what they donate and that is open to all idea's from photographs, CD's, DVD's, books, clothing, empty crisp packet - anything! 

With the help of fellow Twitter followers the Campaign is now underway and with only 36 hours of asking I already have a nice list of 16 yay's!!  I do have some item's already donated from my GET IT OFF YOUR CHEST t-shirt Campaign which I will also be adding to the list.

The target is 100 - it's always a nice round number to get to!  Hopefully this will be possible ... with a little help!!

I have made a "List" on my Twitter profile (cysticfibrosism) to show helpers who has already said yes to donations so that the same person does not keep getting asked.

This venture should not be a big inconvenience to Celebrities who are being asked to take part - offering something as simple as a signed picture is no big expense to them, but could make a difference to the end total of this venture.  It only remains to be seen who will reply.

I won't only be using Twitter for this venture - I intend on e-mailing Agent's/Managers/Record Labels/Football Clubs/Magazines - anyone who I think might contribute something, no matter how small.

I will add any pictures of Auction items I receive to this Blog to keep helpers up to date on progress - here's hoping this turns in to a successful venture for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment