Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 October 2010

CF Mum Donations

Carol (tensetten), CF Mum,  has donated a couple of framed pieces for the Auction: one of Oasis - Gold Disc (unsigned) and one of Geoff Hurst (signed).  As these are worth more than pennies, I'll put a reserve on them so they don't sell for less than they are worth.  Had a couple more donations today - both signed books, which will add to the Blog when I can find my camera!



Had another "sorry can't help" message today, which I found quite disheartening - it does make me very sad when people say that because there's no such thing as "can't", more like "won't"!  However, a tiny reasonable part of me does understand that they have to draw the line somewhere if they support other Charities - I don't find rejection easy to take when this Campaign is so very personal to me and to all the others helping me source out donations. 

Between my little Team we are getting a reasonable amount of support, so can't really complain and the good thing about Twitter is that there is no having to compile letters, posting and waiting for a none reply/can't help reply - we can mostly go directly to the "Celeb" or Company and ask they if they will help - those with thousands/millions of followers won't help though - they must get asked too many times for help/can't see the Tweets amongst their messages.  Doesn't stop us trying though - and we are VERY trying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment